Chase's Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Through doing my annotated bibiography for my CO301d class i found that my inquiry question is a good one. it confirmed that i can find sources for this topic and they are good ones at that. through the bibliography i found that everyone who is writing about this topic seems to be leaving out how we can incorporate this black english. they all seem to define black english and talk about the pros and cons of it, but they never show me how they use it in the classroom or whether it is effective or not? these are topics which i tend to address in my own inquiry and i hope i can find a way to incorporate black englsih into the classroom without it hurting the idea of code switching and the content of the course. i think that my inquiry will fill this gap and i believe that through my exploration both with research and in the classroom i will figure out a way to incorporate this black english in a code switching way. i think that it may be hard however to explore black english in my classroom though, so i might narrow my question so i will be looking at Latino english rather than black english, i have not yet decided.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger ctarver said...

Chase,
you brought up some good points in your blog. Especailly the idea that everyone in the research you conducted addressed the pros and cons of Black English, but they fell to address how to incorporate it into the classroom and/or the effectiveness of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home