Chase's Blog

Friday, October 20, 2006

all of the comments that have been made on my blog are great. my fellow classmates gave me a lot of new insight on how to think about code switching and some ideas that might help me on this journey. i like how the comments that were made were not censored at all. i think that if i make a comment (like i always do) that just is not looking at the other side of things, i find it really hwlpful for people to call me out on that. maybe ask me a question that will make me think about other ways to approach the subject. i now think that maybe letting students use thier vernacular alot may be distracting and may not show how important standard english actually is, thanks to brittany. this along with a couple of other ways to look at the subject have been brought up by my classmates and it help me a lot. sometimes i also have problems looking outside the box. i still do think, however, that engaging our students and , making them feel comfortable by letting them use black english and latino english is very important. maybe there should only be a little inclusion of these languages and more inclusion of standard english, and focus on code-switching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home